Staying Healthy at the Studio and Forum
The Studio and Forum of Scenic Arts is committed to keeping a clean and safe classroom and studio. Personally owned cloth masks, that meet CDC Guidelines (multiple layers of tightly woven breathable fabric, and mask should block light when held up to bright light source), are acceptable for wear; we can provide masks for those who don’t have them, disposable gloves, and various sanitizing supplies.
The space will be regularly cleaned and sanitized (with EPA-approved cleaning products) for the duration of the course. Maintaining cleanliness during the class can only be done with students accepting their responsibility for their role in ensuring the safety of others. If you don’t feel well on class day, don’t come.
1. You must complete a vaccination declaration during the Registration process.
2. Please tell your parent, friend, or ride that visitors will NOT be allowed in the School
3.You are asked to wash or sanitize your hands often.
4. You must wear a mask when indoors as per the CDC guidance. You do not need to wear the mask you when you are eating or drinking in the space.
5. You must respect social distancing at all times when interacting with others in the class. This means keeping a distance of 6 feet away from others at the mixing table, paintings area, classroom, break room, and storeroom.
6. If an Instructor has to be closer than 6 feet to teach a specific skill, a face mask must be worn by both the teacher and the student. If necessary, the Instructor will use an amplification device.
7. If tools or equipment must be shared, cleaning and sanitization are expected before and after use. You will keep tools for the length of the class and hand them in at the end of class to be cleaned and sanitized by the Class Assistants. Everyone shall make great effort NOT to share equipment.
8. When using the washroom facilities you are asked to enter, wash your hands or sanitize, then use the facilities, then wash your hands again. Yes, that's TWICE.
9. There will be two 5-10 minute periods during the 5 1/2 hour class where the roll doors will be opened to the outside for ventilation. Other strategies may also be employed.
10. At the end of class you must take away any and ALL personal items - clothing, food, containers, personal tools, etc. Leave nothing behind.
You are encouraged to stagger your lunch periods to avoid crowding in the Break room and the Classroom. Students must wash their hands before going into the Break room to prepare food and drink, and they must wipe down surfaces touched with sanitizing wipes. No more than 2 people shall occupy the Bathrooms and Break room at a time, the Paint Mixing Table can accommodate 3 people per side, and the Storeroom can have no more than 4 people, distanced.
There will be chairs provided to take outside the studio for those who wish to eat outdoors, weather permitting.
During lunch, you can only sit in your assigned area. (We encourage you all to go outside, weather permitting.) You are expected to be tidy and use sanitizing wipes after touching surfaces. Prepare to take all food items with you.
Other Important Information:
Changes to these protocols may come as the COVID-19 protocols often shift. Should students feel unwell during the course, they are asked to stay at home.